joined:Apr 20, 2017
I am trying to enable TCP Fast Open, but I guess I am missing something.
- Linux Kernel 4.9.0-3-amd64
- I am using TCP BBR congestion control, (I also tried without)
- net.ipv4.tcp_fastopen set to "3"
- nginx-1.13.4 that I build with the extra parameter "-DTCP_FASTOPEN=23" (even if it looks like nginx has it automatically since 1.5, so I tried with and without the option)
-and I add "fastopen=64", to the "listen" directive in the nginx conf file.
- for testing, I enabled "TCP Fast Open" in Microsoft Edge, since Google Chrome doesn't have this option on desktop (Chrome uses it on mobile), and I can't find the option in FireFox.
However, once all is up, when I inspect "/proc/net/netstat" output the field TCPFastOpenActive (and TCPFastOpenActiveFail) remains at zero. I left it running for 24 hours thinking that there might be at least one TCPFO connection from "something", but it's still at zero.
So I am wondering if I missed something, or may be I a misunderstanding/misinterpreting the TCPFastOpenActive field ?