Msg#: 4620930 posted 2:05 am on Nov 4, 2013 (gmt 0)
ApacheV2.2 Perl script and HTML hMailServer 5.3.3-B1879 type MSSQL CE hMailServer Protocol >> SMTP >> smtp-server.tx.rr.com port=25 ISP: TWC San Diego Modem: changed from Motorola SB5101U to SB6141 NetGear router NetGear router extender
My hMailServer diagnostics: -Collect server details --hMailServer version: hMailServer 5.3.3-B1879 --Database type: MSSQL Compact -Test IPv6 --IPv6 support is available in operating system -test outbound port --SMTP relayer is in use --Trying to connect to host smtp-server.tx.rr.com.. --trying to connect to TCP/IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xx port 25 --connected successfully -test: MX records --trying to resolve MX recrods for DOMAINNAME.com... --Host name found: aspmx.l.google.com --Host name found alt1.aspmx.1.google.com --Host name found:alt2.aspmx.1.google.com --Host name found:aspmx2.googlemail.com --Host name found:aspmx3.googlemail.com -test local connect --Connecting to TCP/IP address in MX recrods for local domain domain DOMAINNAME.com --Trying to connect to host aspmx.1.google.com.. --Trying to connect to TCP/IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xx port 25 --connected successfully
I set up a simple website at home to send email notice out for my friends and family to watch. I do not set up for any imcoing email for the website. I have two computers (servers). One is HP and one is Sony. I alternate them for maintenance and also for emergency. Both computers have the same setup. I just move the data content back and forth to switch the server.
About 6 months ago, I switched to HP computer until now. In between, I upgrade the HP from IE8 to IE9, About 1 month ago, I replaced my modem from SB5101U to SB6141 because SB5101U started to have problem. At the same time. I added a router extender for downstair WiFI to cell phones and to smart TV. My servers, modem, and router are all upstair. The server is connected by wire to the router.
I moved from Texas to San Diego about a year ago. I stayed with TWC for years, still now. That is why you can see the smtp-server.tx.rr.com is still pointing to TX. I did not change that and still working for smtp in San Diego until a month ago.
I was able to send outgoing smtp email for years. This stops working when I changed the above: IE9, SB6141, add an router extender. Also TWC did some setting to SB6141 to make the internet working.
To debug, I moved the website data from HP computer to the Sony computer, which has not been updated for any software. But the sendMail still not sending any email.
I looked up access file and error file in Apache/logs, I cannot see any message pointing to a hint. I cleaned both files to zero bit and just reboot and run the sendMail. I still cannot see any hint.
I called TWC a few tmes. We tried smtp-server.roadrunner.com, smtp-server.san.rr.com, smtp-server.socal.rr.com, and mail.twc.com. We tried port 25 and 587. TWC pinged my modem and port 25 and 587 are not blocked. They also can see my hMailServer is running.
Since there is no error message or software crash out, I cannot find any lead to debug the situation.