I have a little HR issue.
When I first took the role I am in now no one knew what to call me. It was a new role and I was transitioning out of an old one that was no longer going to exist.
Because everyone was in a hurry, HR made up a title for me. Web Production Associate.
I hate this title. It sounds like I work at Walmart. Also, it doesn’t really reflect what I do here. By boss saw and said “that’s not right. You are the Webmaster”, which I kinda am. But, Webmaster is not a title for a resume in my humble opinion.
So what should I be called? It’s ok to through the word manager in there. My boss says I am a manager. Here is what I do.
1. I represent the business side of things to corporate IT. I am the go-between because I speak the language.
2. I create and execute email marketing campaigns.
3. I create and execute Flash web banners for outside websites whom I coordinate with.
4. I create micro sites and landing pages for special initiatives.
5. I create graphics to be used through out the website.
6. I maintain the product catalog and trouble shoot backend problems with the help of our in house .NET developers.
7. I coordinate and manage specific projects for the business that needs to be developed through corp. IT such as special portals.
8. I work with third party vendors whose tools we use on our site such as Where to buy options. I also monitor the execution and effectiveness of these services.
9. I assist with problems with our online stores.
10. I work with outside developers to create things such as iPhone apps.
11. I maintain and disseminate web metrics information.
Those are the big ones. Oh! And I am in the Marketing department.
So! Can you help me brainstorm? What would be a good title? I need to make new business cards!