I've been asked to recruit a full time SEO for a business in the UK (this is not a job ad as I will be recruiting from the UK via a newspaper).
The business serves a niche market and has several websites with some moderate to stiff competetition. I need some advice as this is not something I am
1. What should a fulltime SEO (the only SEO in the business) bring to the table as far as technical skills go?
2. What areas of SEO should they cover as a minimum? Such as link building, Social bookmarking, Commenting, Articles etc to give the business the best bang for buck?
3. What about reporting and analytics? What would you expect as a minimum?
4. Proof of previous experience and success. How would you measure that?
5. Is £30K a year (in the UK) a fair salary for this position?
I'm sure this is too brief, what am I missing as I don't want to end up with someone that talks the talk but can't walk the walk.
Any pointers and help appreciated.