This one is really about SEO rather than usability and goes mainly into internal links structure. I am interested in your opinion here. How should a prefect SEO footer look like? We are talking about general factors that would apply to blog same as structured photo gallery and even huge e-shops or whatever have most pages... I found myself struggling with good/bad effect of the following points?
1) Can SEO footer have more links targeting the same page and using different keywords in anchor text?
(e.g. keyword 1 > target 1, keyword 2 > target 1, keyword 3 > target 1, etc...)
2) Can SEO footer have more instances of the same keyword in anchor text to target different pages?
(e.g. keyword 1 > target 1, keyword 1 > target 2, keyword 1 > target 3, etc...)
3) Can SEO footer anchor text link to the same page it appears on?
4) Is it better to link all pages on site together via links in SEO footer, or use these to pick like 5 top pages and link to them in every footer?
5) Do SEO footers need to be unique on every page? If so, to what extent?
That about sums up my thoughts at the moment. If we get this discussion going, I imagine we could really come up with a working pattern ;)