graeme_p - 1:29 pm on Mar 16, 2010 (gmt 0)
I used Bing US, so it is not local to me.
"Button" was a bad description. If you do certain searches, when you get the results you see the words "all results" on an orange background. Under that, there is a link/tab that says "Reference articles on [your search terms]"
Once you click on that:
1) The results are filtered to just Bing hosted Wikipedia and Freebase
2) If you edit the search terms you get another "reference" search: i.e. Bing hosted Wikipedia and Freebase only.
I tried a place name, a chemical name and a business/finance term and it worked happened for all of them (I hope thats non-specific enough for the forum rules).
The difference is:
1) Google just ranks Wikipedia highly
1) Ranks Wikipedia highly
2) Hosts copies of Wikipedia itself
3) Gives you a prominent, attractively labeled search option, that filters your search to just Bing hosted Wikipedia.
Looking at the other options that can appear, Bing seems to be the search engine most determined to keep you on their site.