dougwilson - 3:16 pm on Mar 1, 2013 (gmt 0)
I've used: A test blog, or folder with one page and an htaccess file in it. Then use rex swains http viewer to check if rules are working as I intend.
Test lots of legitimate UA's to see if they get through too.
But, there's no law saying SiteCopy has to continue as SiteCopy when it stops getting access. SiteCopy can decide to use myScrapy as a UA.
If the people we want to block are coming from ISP's there's little I've found I can do about it, unless I want to block 100's or thousands of IP's that might change tomorrow.
Change, as in, Bob's not using this IP anymore Jane is, and Jane is now being blocked.
I read a lot online where the Baby gets tossed with the Bath Water