lappert2001 - 1:54 pm on Feb 25, 2012 (gmt 0)
Thanks Pender and Key_Master for the replies, and I'll certainly keep the Addhandler tip in mind. From another source, I was able to find a fix, at lease one that works in the short term.
I didn't really consider this as I had dealt with this issue many years ago (in the 90's) and thought I had gotten it right for any instance of include virtual (or for "exec cgi" for that matter).
On the php comment, the invocation is simple "rss2html.php" with additional arguments. That's a relative URL.
I changed it to an absolute from the docroot by making it:
and keeping the two arguments. Strangely, the arguments are still URL's.
On the old server, the php file invocation worked as a URL. Over the years I've found no general rule of thumb on whether to use URLs or addresses either from root or docroot. It seems to work sometimes one way and other times the other way.