carfac - 2:44 pm on Aug 16, 2010 (gmt 0)
I am doing some shuffling on my site, and for various reasons I have moved a couple directories (and all their subpages) in my directory structure. To be kind to Goog and others, I have tried to run a 301 in Apache, thus:
RewriteRule ^old_path/Directory/(.*)$ new_path/_NEW_ Directory/$1 [L,R=301]
First, when I tested, I got 200's... and I realized I need to erase the old directory. SO I did. Now when I test, I get 404's....
As a variation, I tried:
Redirect 301 ^old_path/Directory/(.*)$ http:// www.mysite.com/ new_path/_NEW_ Directory/$1
Thanks for your input!