bearduk - 8:27 pm on Oct 11, 2012 (gmt 0)
Hi all, I spent some more time on this today and had no luck. I moved the scripts to the head, I did a tail -f on the apache error log file and tried disabling all add-ons on IE. No conflicts but consistently crashing.
In the end I added
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" />
I had a read of the MSDN pages and it stated that this meta tag needed to be the first one within the head of the document (I hadn't done that last time I tried) This time it has worked so although I don't know what was causing the initial error, at least I have a forced IE8 mode that doesn't crash! This will have to siffice for me for now as I need to move onto other things unfortunately (plus we are having a redesign soon any way :) )
I'll be adding this fix to all pages tomorrow.
Thanks for taking a look and I hope this thread helps someone else.