- - Local
- -- Foo
- ---- I need to build a wall
Birdman - 5:55 pm on Feb 26, 2006 (gmt 0)
Right on fellas. So far the advice has been great. I'll add my 2c too ;) since I do this kind of work.
On the moisture issue, definately caulk! I would:
- build the wall(treated 2"x4" layed in caulk nailed with cut nails, no hammer drill needed)
- sheath it(1/2" plywood)
- vapor barrier(Tyvek), making sure the bottom is tight to the concrete
- now run a nice bead of caulk to seal the vapor barrier to the concrete
- then you can caulk the siding to the concrete as well, thats three lines of defense
I wish I could come help ya grandpa(i can if you happen to be in eastern MD :) ), but I hope this post and previous ones help out.
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/foo/9986.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com