defanjos - 4:41 pm on Mar 20, 2004 (gmt 0) - Shut computer off
This is what I would do, so I would have a fresh start:
- Touch a metal part of chassis to ground yourself
- Vacuum inside computer case thoroughly - make sure to use a plastic attachement
- Make sure to vacuum the fans
- Touch a metal part of chassis to ground yourself again
- One by one (and carefully), reseat every board (sound card, video cards, etc.)
- Reseat memory boards also
- Disconnect and reconnect all cables and connectors - even in the back of harddrive, floppy, etc.
- Dont't forget the power cables and connectors
- Do a double check and make sure everything is connected back the way it was before.
- Close computer
- Disconnect and reconnect all cables in the back of the computer
- Turn computer on and see if it freezes again
- Good luck
- Shut computer off