artek - 10:21 pm on Apr 13, 2010 (gmt 0)
In extreme cases I put a made-up proxy into my browser settings so I cannot surf the internet without being reminded I have other things I should be doing. =]
Boy I like this one! eelixduppy you should get Nobel price for saving productivity world wide.
This is what works like a charm for me:
- No sensory overload, everybody out, no multitasking, no background noise including radio or tv,
- When my concentration goes down I take short nap any time to give my brain rest.
- And most important for me: I eat small amount of home prepared food every three - four hours to maintain normal blood sugar levels(one of the causes of sleepiness or lack of concentration). Especially homemade sandwiches full of proteins (eggs, ham, hard cheese, cold beef, fried fish, etc.) plus small mixed salad for lunch that include cooked or pickled legumes and root vegetables. That solved my up and down blood sugar levels, plus my weight went down.
- I also made a point to avoid the carbs: junk food snacks including soft drinks. One or two apples or pears every day will supply complex sugars that feed your brain.
- One correction I do not consider junk food my two large cups of coffee a day, each with teaspoon of brown sugar and creamy real milk.