Alioc - 8:37 am on Jul 5, 2005 (gmt 0) - Bots, These are what I came up with for now!
There are many ways of generating invalid clicks and JenStar's post covers all of them.
- Hired "employers",
- Building a network to click each others ads,
- Requesting visitors to click on the ads directly,
- Indirectly telling people that they can find more info on advertised sites,
- Indicating the ads with arrows or similar visuals
- Placing ads on pages with only several sentences of content(huge websites maybe exception to this because of the uncontrollable number of pages. The percent of good pages to bads is the key),
- Modifying the codes more than you're allowed and affecting the functionality of the scripts,
- Hiding the "ads by gooogle" text with layers,
These are what I came up with for now!