motorhaven - 6:28 am on Nov 13, 2013 (gmt 0)
1. Place ads in a boxed area similar to those which user posts are in.
2. Randomly change the size of the above ad.
3. A/B test the above - sometimes text only ads do best here.
4. Do not display signatures to guests/bots in order to help target better.
5. Show a minimal number of Adsense ads to logged in users.
6. Implement Adsense relevancy tags.
7. Since users can do things (on some forums) such as hotlinking large photos from external resources, page load speed can be critical. Implement async Adsense tags.