motorhaven - 4:51 pm on Jul 2, 2013 (gmt 0)
Well, I've tried it and it's not ready by a long shot.
First, I took out the old code and pasted in the new async code. No ads showed up in the ad slot. Doubled checked to make sure it was pasted properly, and checked the HTML output.
So I took out the code and restored the old. No ads show up! Tried with several browsers, and a different computer on a different IP. No ads. So by trying to implement this it appears that it's killed display of all ads in this ad slot, both sync and async.
So based on my experience I recommend you try this with a test ad slot, not an existing slot.