adsensebadsense - 4:59 pm on Aug 6, 2013 (gmt 0)
In the past 2 months my (previously pretty decent) Adsense income has dropped 60% and this month in August 2013 that remaining 40% has dropped another 55% (with Google notifying me about that), which means a total drop is more than 80% which means less than 20% of my income that I had for almost a decade is gone. No changes were made, my traffic counter shows a slow down, but not such a huge slow down.
I wonder, and I'm not accusing anyone, but is it possible that Google allegedly may have decided to share less of their ad revenue with the advertisers? Perhaps Google's profits are in trouble or their revenue has gone down. Could they have taken such unpopular and unfair step?
Or perhaps people are cross with Google and are switching to other search engines? But then why click-throughs are not dropping that much but revenue drops significantly? The only explanation so far is as per above.