wootw00t - 11:48 pm on Apr 9, 2013 (gmt 0)
What customization? The custom search ads? Just tested those - performed terribly on both sites I manage.
CSS customization of text ads:
- CSS3 media queries for better support across mobiles and tablets
- Custom fonts (especially Google Fonts)
- Custom line heights, margins and paddings
- Replacing the AdChoices image with a simpler text link
- Replacing the arrow button with ones own arrow button
Much like one can customize reCAPTCHA. Although for AdSense, there'd have to be some framework in place to prevent clickjacking. But that shouldn't be a problem for Google.
This way one could make ones ads blend more in with ones site, and also look less like everybody else. A competitive advantage, if you will. Or "the Devil is in the details", isn't that what they say?