Sgt_Kickaxe - 7:08 pm on May 9, 2012 (gmt 0)
I removed the ads from the site yesterday morning and nothing changed, yet. My RPM is now sitting at 50% of what it was prior to adding new units to this website and it would have to be some wicked coincidence to be cruising along and on the very day I add units to crash like this. I'm convinced it's tied and unfortunately ad units are permanent, you cannot delete them EVER from adsense. You can only hide them.
I'm not losing hope just yet, if I cannot delete them I'm darned well going to make them re-learn what my content is about by placing the units on the other sites and, hopefully, erase all impact of learning from THAT site had. Google doesn't know why you want an ad unit until it learns what the site is about so it *should* work, wish me luck.
Like everything Google there is a trailing 90 day history period in which I doubt I'm going anywhere with my new lowered RPM, but we'll see. Traffic levels are virtually unchanged.