freejung - 3:41 pm on May 13, 2011 (gmt 0)
Thanks, JoePublisher, just implemented your fix and it works great! Fantastic idea.
Also, I noticed something interesting. My site has apparently been "Pandalized," losing about 50% of Google search referrals around April 11. I just noticed (I hadn't looked for this before) that right before the Panda hit, there was a huge spike in pageviews for these fragment bug pages. They more than doubled. After Pandalization, these pageviews dropped to less than a third of their normal volume, indicating that a disproportionate number of users experiencing this problem are not being sent to my site by Google. Makes me wonder if this had something to do with the loss in the first place. I'll report back if fixing this leads to a recovery of traffic.