alika - 11:12 am on Sep 15, 2010 (gmt 0)
I don't want to be part of pseudo communities:-)
I view Twitter and Facebook not as a major source of traffic.
Although I could see how these sites (especially Facebook) could bring MAJOR traffic to a site - one site that I am involved in (a Technorati top 10 in Politics) gets massive traffic from their Facebook presence that Facebook is in their top sources of traffic.
I have less than 10,000 followers on Twitter, but its benefits to me are:
- I have received contracts to produce a radio show (not the blogtalk variety)
- I have been quoted and profiled in two books
- I've had received invites for guesting on radio shows
- Even got an invite to guest on TV
All of which surely helps improve my traffic and bottomline. Even Adsense income indirectly
I also view Twitter as a learning tool:
- to get ideas of topics others are writing about (and not writing about)
- to learn of new studies and reports that I can write about
- new books to review
Broaden your views on social media and you can see how it can help your business.