Hobbs - 10:08 am on May 2, 2009 (gmt 0) - Slow down in new fresh to the net ad clicking users.
In addition to the standard recession (shrinking pie) and competition (dwindling share of shrinking pie), here are some additional wild(er) theories:
- Ad blindness for veteran net surfers.
- Less MFA has to affect a segment of publishers.
- Landing page rules turning off some advertisers.
- AdWords complexity ,, ,, ,,
- Doubleclick acquisition injecting more publishers than advertiser leads.
- Doubleclick injection into the system leading to AdSense flirting with ad blocking.
- SmartPricing algo becoming more aggressive to balance supply with demand and not just conversion.
- Google dropping the ball on code quality due to lack of competition for too many years leading to data loss that is later artificially unfairly balanced out.
- More advertiser control positively affecting few and devastating the rest.
- Slow down in new fresh to the net ad clicking users.