level80 - 10:17 pm on Nov 30, 2006 (gmt 0) 1) Don't break the rules
So my questions is how to prevent from being banned again.
2) Don't have other people break the rules you are associated with (eg wife who shares same internet connection)
3) Don't count your chickens before they're hatched (eg don't count on money before you get it)
4) Optimise your site - both to maximise ad revenue and increase its popularity. The latter will make it harder for automated clickbots to take you down.
5) Realise that the scales are tilted in Google's favour - even if you cause them a financial loss of $x (by clicking on their ads) they are quite entitled to add more to that to deal with the extra costs involved.
6) Remember that your account is "small" - it's no great shakes to Google to actually lose you as a publisher if you're becoming a liability instead of an asset
7) Remember mistakes happen from time to time (both at Google's end and yours) - reply promptly to communications from them and maintain a good working relationship
9) Remember that Google is mostly automated, as well as not annoying the people - don't annoy the computers either. :)
1) Don't break the rules