whatson - 9:55 pm on Oct 22, 2012 (gmt 0)
e.g. you have a page all about widgets, with a big description.
There is also a directory page, which lists results of all the widget pages, with their names hyperlinked, and a brief description.
Now, in the results page you want to produce some brief descriptions from the big description.
e.g. you want to limit the characters to 200.
1. How do you obtain the first 200 characters of a string?
2. Does the limit have to be characters? i.e. can it be pixels?
3. I don't want to cut a word off half way through, do you have to include some sort if statement, that if the next character is not a space?
4. How do you cut off a string at the period.
5. How do you cut off the string at the end of a paragraph?