Samizdata - 11:29 pm on Jul 15, 2010 (gmt 0)
a government-controlled Google
Heard the one about the government-controlled search engine?
* Anything critical of governing party = minus 950 penalty
* Anything positive about opposing party = minus 950 penalty
* All business websites required to pay annual fee for inclusion
* All personal sites required to supply social security number
* All foreign sites labelled "this site can harm your computer"
* All search queries and Tweets databased against your full name
* All data retained for eternity in quadruplicate
* Deleting cookies punishable by fine or imprisonment
And on the search homepage:
* Click "I'm Feeling Lucky" for online tax assessment
* Button to "Install Free Spyware" in top right corner
Careful what you wish for.