NathanielB - 10:49 am on Dec 3, 2012 (gmt 0)
@kaymeis Are you posting your css in a css file or directly to your page?
Nothing seems wrong with the code above, so it should work fine. First things to check would be:
1. Your linking to your css file correctly (its easy to miss type the location, so double check).
2. If your css is on your web page rather then a css file, check you have put your css in the correct tags as posted above.
3. If after the above, you should check that you haven't used those classes elsewhere on the site, as you may be giving more then the one command for the same class.
4. Check you have closed the tags above these lines of code, if not that could cause the code not to work in some browsers.
5. Check the web page in question in another browser and/or use firebug etc to manually enter the styling to check your not simply seeing a cached copy of the page.
Those are things you can check without help or the need to share your full code or link, so have a look at those first :)