lucy24 - 11:43 pm on Jan 23, 2012 (gmt 0)
First, validate your HTML and also the css.
Mwa ha, I tried the html validator and it came through squeaky clean :) in spite of the 177 divs nested up to 19 deep. And the table. Which nobody had the nerve to say was inappropriate for the chosen layout ;)
But the info about browser behaviour and language is really, really interesting. Aside from the issue of characters that all users may not have, there is the whole issue of switching the language direction as well. Did you do any tests to see whether browser behaviour changes depending on what language is set for the document?
Ooh, didn't think of that. The doc is set for Hebrew. It did occur to me to check if it behaves differently if the OS language as a whole is set for Hebrew (or, I guess, anything RTL).
And eventually :: cough, cough :: it occurred to me that I don't need to keep loading up Angel's page for this kind of testing. I can make a dummy page with the same header, and see how that behaves.
And, er, when I said "... to left" under Firefox, I meant "... to right". No, soldier, your other left.
I did think it was interesting that the bilingual page title flipflops in all browsers. And I know from personal experience that combining LTR text with generic (non-directional) punctuation can lead to strange and unwanted results-- especially in plain text, where you can't put up directionality flags.