alt131 - 11:24 am on Jul 5, 2011 (gmt 0)
Good spotting Suze - just checked - and it certainly looks as if the server has been configured to send emulate ie7. Not sure if that was the case before - both penders and I noticed the page was in ie7 mode on first load, but switching - hence my thought that the html errors may be one course of the problem.
John, I realise you worked hard to get this to work, and had to learn a number of new concepts as well. My next comment is not meant to undermine that effort at all - maybe best read as a bit of side-chat between Suzy and I.
Suzy, I'm not sure brute-forcing edge via a meta is the complete answer. It may work, but I can't see any benefit in emulating older versions especially in new sites, and this is a registered domain name: Rather than configuring the server to send emulate ie, then ordering edge in each document, just remove the server configuration instead.
Plus there's the html invalidities, not to mention the script penders referred to that snoops for quirks, then adds extra classes for additional css that deals with the quirks issues. Better to code to avoid the issues, rather than creating them, then coding to fic them.