I am looking for feedback from others regarding these some issues I have recently noticed with Google Search Network partners: 1. We receive 90% less impressions when we turn the search network setting off. Questions: Moderators - please do not remove this post. I am not trying to bash Google - I am just looking for help. Thx
The company I work for has a KW list of over 100,000 listings. The classic Head / Tail scenario where majority of imps/clicks come for small percent of listing. Like everyone else out there our goal is to optimize ROI on our ad spend with Google Adwords. Again like everyone else we do this by lots of testing to determine the optimal settings.
2. The CTR is 50% worse when we turn the search network setting on.
3. Our backend Conversion Rate is 80% worse when we turn the searcg network setting on = poorer quality traffic.
4. For some reasons our tracking system is rarely able to record the referring URL of the search network partner. The one's we do get on occassion are Mapquest, Ask, and MySearch domains. But majority of the time we get no referring URL. This is troublesome since we have no visibility into where our listings are being shown - even though our Avg. CPC is upwards of $17 per click.
5. In cases where we have recorded the click referring URL we noticed that our ad is not part of a search listing result but rather a "sponsored ad" that may have nothing to do with that the content on the page (i.e. directions from a street). This is extremely troublesome, since Google either is not or does not know how to police what ads their search network partners are showing. The potential for fraudulent clicks is huge not to mention the quality of the click is much worse too.
6. I have no evidence that this may be the case - but it looks like search network partners know which listing have the highest CPC and in turn display these to users - irrespective of what search result/content is on their site.
1. Does Google penalize you for not using the search network partners. I would have thought that 90% of imps would come from Google's site vs. search network partners. With hours of turning off the search network partner setting our imps count for certains campaigns went from 10,000 an hour to 100 hour.
2. Have any of you had similar observations about the quality or lack their of with Google's search network partners. Clearly the value of a click is worth much more on Google's site vs. a partner, however, the cost you pay is the same.
I am looking for feedback from others regarding these some issues I have recently noticed with Google Search Network partners:
1. We receive 90% less impressions when we turn the search network setting off.
Moderators - please do not remove this post. I am not trying to bash Google - I am just looking for help. Thx