TheRealSaxman - 12:39 pm on Jun 18, 2013 (gmt 0)
You need to make sure that you have the "product_type" attribute set for each item, and make sure that they differ for each individually priced item that you have. You can then add individual Ad Groups that call out each individual "product_type" and set a different Max CPC under the "Auto Target" tab for each. This will enable you to set a seperate Max CPC for each product and also track the stats for each as well.
Product 1... widget > blue
Product 2... widget > red
Product 3... widget > yellow
Make three Ad Groups:
Ad Group 1:
• Make a new Ad Group
• Goto the Auto Target Tab
• Click the "+product target button"
• select "Add a group of products using Google Merchant Center feed attributes."
• select "product_type" from the drop down menu.
• add unique product_type attribute description to the field (in this case add "blue"
• Click "Save"
• change Max CPC INSIDE THE AUTO TARGET TAB AREA... do NOT change the Max CPC at the Ad Group level as this will do NOTHING!
• Repeat the above for each unique product...
...hope this helps...