tracking90 - 4:37 am on Apr 13, 2010 (gmt 0)
Google comparison ads are not playing by the same rules other advertisers have to abide by. I'm surprised this issue doesn't concern more advertisers. Right now the comparison ads only run in the mortgage vertical but this is likely to expand over time.
- Google comparison ads are larger than other ads.
- Google comparison ads have more text than other ads.
- Google comparison ads tend to show in position 1 all the time.
- Google comparison ads don't seem to have to deal with quality score.(this is an assumption)
- Google comparison ads contain radio buttons giving them an unfair advantage.
Does Google competing with its own advertiser using unfair advantages concern anyone else?