autumnsmith - 3:01 am on Oct 20, 2011 (gmt 0)
When it comes to content writing, I always keep the following points in mind:
1. Define your niche -you have to know who are your target audience first so you will know what kind of information you need to offer them. Understand your audience so you will know what keywords to use. To identify your niche, identify your interest and area of expertise.
2. Research, research and read - you are about to build your credibility through your content. Run an extensive research about the chosen subject/area then integrate it with your personal knowlege.
3. Put your self in your reader's shoes - if you are the reader, what specific topic you would like to know when you research online?
4. Write a draft - layout your content by deciding how many words and paragraphs you will providing. For instance, you are going to write 400 words with 7 paragraphs. Start structuring your content. For instance, the first paragraph will be your intro, the body is where you put the tips/steps the last parag is the conclusion and advice.
5. Make your content conversational-write as if you are talking to someone who needs your help. Let your content flow naturally. As much as possible avoid jargons. If you are using technical terms, make sure to provide additional explanation.
Doing SEO to your contents:
5.Select the right keywords- make use of long tail keywords and make use of free keyword research tool to know if these keywords are commonly use by people when searching online. Pick the right phrases.
6. Know about keyword density and backlinks -research on the right density and how to create one-way links.
Hope these things help. Good luck