- - WebmasterWorld
- -- Content, Writing and Copyright
- ---- Translate An Entire Website
Mohamed_E - 4:03 pm on Aug 16, 2009 (gmt 0)
I am thinking of a three stage process for translating a few (maybe a dozen or so) pages of a hobby site (no income, so no budget to pay for translation!).
My guess is that some sentences could be used as is from Google Translate, others would need some work, while a final group would need re-writing from scratch.
- Use Google Translate to get a very rough first draft.
- Use my (not too good) knowledge of the target language to improve the translation.
- Ask a few friends fluent in the target language to review my improved draft.
Does anyone have any experience with that approach?
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/content_copywriting/3935565.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com