stapel - 1:09 pm on Aug 10, 2007 (gmt 0) Eliz. * US Copyright Office FAQ: poor man's copyright [copyright.gov]
jdMorgan said: Poor man's copyright: Send a copy to yourself via registered mail and do not open the package.
Note: The so-called "Poor Man's Copyright" has no legal standing in many countries, and is dubious, at best, in most (all?) others. Use at your own risk!
* Snopes (Urban Legends): Poor Man's Copyright [snopes.com]
* The Intellect Law Group: Dispelling the 'Poor Man's Copyright' Myth [intellectlawgroup.com]
* How to Fake a Poor Man's Copyright [copyrightauthority.com]
* WebmasterWorld threads on "Poor Man's Copyright" [google.com]
* US Copyright Office FAQ: poor man's copyright [copyright.gov]