Edge - 1:31 pm on Mar 8, 2012 (gmt 0)
I got this bot-net thing corralled and under control. All traffic numbers/balance look normal. I have removed my auto banning script and have resumed normal operations on these affected web pages. I have not put AdSense back on them though.
It took my ban script somewhere between 2 – 4 hours to collect enough ip’s to effectively shut this thing down.
Anybody I recognize that is interested in my auto htaccess ban script or my collection of ip addresses is welcome to them – just sticky me.
I am sure my ip address collection has a few email harvesters, downloader’s and maybe even a legitimate robot – so one might vet the list.