rocknbil - 2:34 am on Oct 12, 2007 (gmt 0) This would allow a few distinct advantage offer emailing a word file:
contentmaster, have you considered exporting the file as a PDF before deployment?
- optimization - addressing your first concern, PDF files will be smaller than any Word document that created them - far smaller.
- Universal - Everyone will see your content as you designed it, often the text and images will flow very differently in a Word document opened on different systems. Also not *everyone* has your version of Word - it's entirely possible the recipient may not even be able to see it.
- Uneditable - If you have Acrobat Standard or Pro, you can set password protection to keep the document from being altered or content extracted.
- Bookmarks - You can create a table of contents on the side that will hyperlink to specific views on large documents.
- Annotation - You can add notes, like "post-it stickies" as the document goes from one person to the next (may need Standard or Pro for this, not sure.)
This would allow a few distinct advantage offer emailing a word file: