As to drop downs, I think I'm the guilty party who sneered at them. Not in that thread, but in: [webmasterworld.com...]
- Inverted-L shaped frames
- 800px wide pages that display on the left side of the screen in higher resolutions.
- text that expands to full width making the lines too long and difficult to read.
- anything that flashes
- more banners
- a photo of the site owner
- a photo of the site owner's wife, children, friends, dog, cat, house, boat, or bicycle.
- sites that made their name selling one product and have expanded into others - badly. Who wants to buy underwear at a bookshop?
- "Golden boxes"
As to drop downs, I think I'm the guilty party who sneered at them. Not in that thread, but in:
I think I upset the guy who was asking advice on how to create them. :)
But probably in a couple of years time (or less?) someone will be sneering at my site because it has left-side navbars...