Page is a not externally linkable
-- Professional Webmaster Business Issues
---- Format of SEO Proposal
anallawalla - 6:06 am on Jun 18, 2003 (gmt 0)Proposal for Web Site Optimisation (WSO)
As Umesh has kindly shown his, I'll show mine. :) Mine are very customised to the situation and some discussion has already taken place by phone or email before I write a proposal. This example is easiest for me to edit out the specifics (and has given me more work than I can handle):
Thank you for allowing me to present this proposal for the WSO of your web site.
I understand that you would like your web site to achieve the following objectives:
- Easy to find in Google
- Increased visibility on other search engines and directories
- Google positioning is a combination of visitors using appropriate search terms and your pages being optimised to contain such text. You rank #232 for the term "blue widgeting" today but without the quote marks, you rank #611. Only 18 pages from your site have been picked up by Google.
- Apart from a short-lived boost when your sites are on the first page for 2-3 days, it takes a full calendar month (sometimes more) before a more permanent parking position is allocated by Google.
- Your site is not under a penalty. There is some talk of a “semi penalty” but I don’t see the kinds of controversial tactics in use on your site that would merit this semi penalty. Your previous situation with duplicate content is no longer a concern.
I can work with you as follows:
- Correspond with you to understand your needs better.
- You will need to provide me with the search terms that your paying customers (as opposed to casual visitors) tend to use to find you. These are in your server logs.
- Although I can give general direction, you may need to rewrite minor portions of your pages because you know your industry and its jargon.
- You will need to make periodic additions to your sites, by way of new pages over the course of a year. Most of these can be press releases and generic articles that give advice to customers. The latter are more likely to be linked by other sites if they don’t contain overt self promotion.
- Make strong recommendations that will improve your ranking. I only make ethical recommendations because shady practices can get you banned from Google sooner or later.
- Supervise your webmaster to rework your web pages and images and make them Google friendly. I would explain the methodology so that you understand the implications and continue to follow best practices for ongoing updates.
- Give you a 6-7 page report that gives recommendations for “immediate implementation” and some that will take longer for you to implement.
I can turn this around within two or three days, depending on my workload. My fee for this would be US$xxx payable by direct deposit to my bank in Australia. (for a small player I ask for 50% in advance via PayPal)
Once I give you my report, your webmaster may be in a position to run with it completely but other clients have found it worthwhile to pay me a retainer of $xxx a week to monitor progress and conduct regular correspondence about the gradual improvements and suggestions for new tactics. One client also chose to hire me for two weeks full-time so that I could give them a detailed, page-by-page list of “Before” and “After” instructions for their webmaster, and a campaign strategy for increasing incoming links.
I look forward to working with CompanyName.
Thread source:: http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster_business_issues/852.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com