I run a popular website in a certain niche and was recently approached by a large company about selling it. I see that many website owners frequent this forum, so I wanted to ask for an opinion/advice on the sale. I am still undecided as to whether I should sell or keep the site. To make the whole story short and straightforward, I am providing all key insights below.
1) Monthly visits/pageviews: 900K / 15M
2) Annual revenue: $240K (AdSense 75% + Direct Advertisers 25%). Annual profit: $235K.
3) Overheads: none, except 30 minutes of work per day.
4) Loyal, repeat audience. Somewhat a brand - 15% of the traffic is type-in traffic; plus, four out of the top five keywords that bring in traffic are variations of the domain name.
5) It has been growing over the years and does have further potential, has not hit the niche ceiling.
6) Proposed Offer: 2.35 million, cash
Would you sell or hold? Thanks for the advice.