pixeltierra - 5:45 am on Oct 12, 2006 (gmt 0)
1) Have a contract & get all parties to sign
2) Require a down payment before you start(I charge 1/3 of estimated total cost). If they balk at this, you know you're in trouble. Run away.
3) Require another 1/3 mid-way through the project. If they can't pay. You stop work.
4) Protect your work. Either don't give them access to the server (by changing pw) or use your own.
5) Accept that trust needs to be earned
6) Don't work for *ssh*les. That's why we're independent. Freedom of choice.