- - WebmasterWorld
- -- Professional Webmaster Business Issues
- ---- going freelance
iamlost - 7:53 pm on Jun 8, 2004 (gmt 0)
|I will definitely put it to my present employer that I could do some freelance work for them - I think it might actually benefit them more than the present situation. |
Work out the numbers before you jump. Knowledge comes from information. Make knowledgeable decisions, it lowers your stress level.
Prior to mentioning anything to your current employer do the following:
- determine your current cost to your employer in both wages and benefits.
- determine how much of your current work time is other than what you want to do freelancing.
- determine benefits for your employer to hire you as a freelancer.
- do all the other "get ready to be a business" stuff in the earlier posts - especially the business plan.
- write up a presentation proposal for your employer.
- practice your presentation before a critical friend - and rewrite as required.
- jump in and eat the sharks!
Whatever you decide and what ever you do: All the best!
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster_business_issues/1392.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com