onlinesource - 8:09 pm on Sep 19, 2013 (gmt 0)
I have been suffering like you. After reading your post I checked my awstats and found lots of crappy .ru referrers. I go to check the pages and our link is nowhere, yet I discover an url in our wordpress db to a russian website. This is stressful. We've lost lots of traffic lately. Thank you for pointing this out.
The more I research my problem, the more I realize that I'm not alone. I have list of .ru links but I really don't know if they are hurting or helping, so I'm sort of stuck at a crossroads. Some of these appear to be spammy links though. For instance, I have a Russian site about cement with links to "fake widgets". :)