MikeNoLastName - 9:30 am on Jul 13, 2013 (gmt 0)
Seeing major action also today. No above average crawling, but many pages/keywords which have not ranked in the top 1000 for almost 2 years are suddenly back in the top 50. It's like our site finally got it's "authority" back that it lost at Panda 1.0. Only changes we've done recently:
1. About 4-6 weeks ago set up our top producing authors with G+ Authorship and tagged all their past articles.
2. 4 weeks ago, re-instated adwords and bing-ad buys because our organic traffic had dropped below self-sustaining rates (not making enough to pay basic hosting, staffing expenses).
3. Last week updated some major pages which we normally update weekly anyway.
4. 7/8/13 started removing ALL cj affiliate ads from the site (they were barely producing anymore anyway) keeping only adsense ads and direct sale ads which we've always redirected via on-site frames. Now down to about 1/10th the cj links we had previous.
5. Over last two weeks have been doing G searches on our niche keywords and submitting feedback about sites ranked above us which were obviously MFA with minimal content and/or relative authority sites which obviously to any observer had NO content whatsoever (other than perhaps mentioning the keyword ONCE buried deep in the text of the page) relating to the keywords I had searched for.
You be the judge on what was the game-changer.