backdraft7 - 1:16 pm on Jun 27, 2013 (gmt 0)
@Saffron: There's some easy qualifiers to determine if a site will be at the top...
1. Is the page on a demand media or similar, well funded content farm site?
2. Does the page contain at least 3 Adsense ad blocks?
3. Is one of the ad blocks above the fold?
4. Is the content scraped from another more authoritative source?
5. Is the text short, keyword loaded and pretty much useless?
6. Does the article link to half a dozen keyword related, thin pages on the same domain?
7. Is there a link that says "does this spark an idea"?
8. The site has no shopping cart.
9. The site is associated with a G+ "author" who participates in 700+ circles.
10. The site contains no links to Facebook.
If you answer Yes to all these questions, I can pretty much guarantee your site will be at the top.
See, who says you can't figure out this black box search engine.
You're not alone...I'm sitting here this morning with no traffic (zero) for the last half hour.
Not sure how I can still be listed but receive no traffic. Probably some new Jedi mind trick Google is playing...show us what we want to see, but in reality, we are nowhere to be found.