Planet13 - 9:11 pm on Jun 1, 2013 (gmt 0)
Ok just to kind of summarize what has happened over the years.
- I used to rank top 8 - 9 for keyword "blue widgets" on my page with the file name /blue-widgets.html
- Sometime shortly after penguin 1 (april 24, 2012) I stopped ranking at all on ANY page for "blue widgets"
- I sent a reconsideration request to google last year and they said there was NO manual penalty applied to my site.
- In February of this year I changed file name from /blue-widgets.html to /blue_widgets.html (same domain) WITHOUT doing 301 redirects. No improvement has been seen.
- I still rank for 38 phrases that INCLUDE the words blue widgets in the phrase, but on different pages, NOT the blue_widgets.html phrase
- I still rank for numerous phrases that include either "blue" or "widgets" (along with the above mentioned phrases that included both). Again, on different pages, NOT the blue_widgets.html phrase
- My overall site traffic in general increased nearly 50% in the period of January 7th, 2012 through approximately March 23rd, 2012. this is odd because it is an ecommerce site with an information section as well, and ecommerce sites generally see a sharp dip in traffic during January and February.
- I looks like my site was first hit by Panda 3.4 on March 23rd, 2012
- My site was hit by Penguin 1 on April 24, 2012
- My site seems to have been hit by Phantom on May 9th, 2013
- My site seems to have been hit by Penguin 2 on May 22nd, 2013
- with the exception of changing the blue-widgets.html page to blue_widgets.html, over the last year or so I have NOT done anything to this site in terms of SEO. I have not gone link begging, I have not reworked titles, have not changed / added content.
- I do not have any warnings or messages in my webmaster tools account.
- According to webmaster tools search queries, numerous informational pages rank top 5 for certain keywords and their CTR is ABOVE 35% (some have a clickthrough rate around 65%)
- In the period from May 2, 2013 to June 1, 2013, webmaster tools search queries says I have a 33% drop in impressions, and a 32% drop in clicks.
- I am at wit's end. Really don't know what to do with this site. Maybe split the informational and ecommerce pages off? Then I could monetize the informational with adsense?