mcskoufis - 10:41 pm on May 10, 2013 (gmt 0)
Who in here has downloaded comscore tracking? They only track 40% of the net so the other 60% is a guess.
This is an interesting one @bwnbwn. Are there any other independent sources of such statistics which are more accurate? HitWise in UK was using ISP data for instance, but costs a fortune to have access to.
The OP and everyone else can claim that internal search is winning based on their website analytics data which can't be taken into consideration for such an argument IMHO.
I think Google in particular (less of late but still the undoubted king of search) and search engines in general have proven to be very valuable to humans. I find it hard to believe that mobile or tablet users won't use search.
And fully agree with you @incrediBILL...
Android is helping keep people using Google more than ever because it's the default for everything and Android pings the cloud frequently for search results.