goodroi - 3:50 pm on Apr 17, 2013 (gmt 0)
It sounds like Google has discovered your new site and included it in the index but it has not found enough quality signals for it to rank above more established websites.
Here are some general tips for new websites looking to rank in Google:
1) Don't settle for the minimum, exceed expectations
2) Make sure to have lots of unique, relevant text on all pages you care about
3) Go back, if you are like 99% of webmasters you didn't put enough valuable content on the page
4) Make sure you have good usability on your page
5) Make sure you have good internal link navigation
6) Learn about link development and do it
7) Buying 500 directory links for $10 is not link development
8) Building partnerships with sites that refer real traffic is link development
9) Brand yourself
Once you build up enough quality signals you will start to rise above the competition in the rankings.