denisl - 10:51 am on Apr 2, 2013 (gmt 0)
G has been sending me emails to say they cannot access my robots.txt.
I can access via a browser but when I use WMT Fetch as googlebot tool it says page unreachable. However when I click on "Page Unreachable" it gives me this report:
Fetch as Google
This is how Googlebot fetched the page.
Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 3:41:27 AM PDT
Googlebot Type: Web
Download Time (in milliseconds): 14985
To me, this appears to show that it did download it.
Assuming I had a problem I have replaced robots.txt. I have replaced .htacccess ( and tried it without .htaccess). Have also been in contact with my hosting company who cannot see a problem.
I am still however getting the messages from Google so am concerned.