dailypress - 8:53 am on Nov 1, 2012 (gmt 0)
thank you for your responses.
I am hoping its temporary. I did listen to your advice and replaced the plugin with what you suggested.
I can also say that making changes to an existing site, such as by adding 7 new links to every page, may cause Google to re-evaluate your site which, in turn, may affect rankings at least temporarily.
Yes, I learned about it in an article stating the top 20 plugins. However, maybe the change in number of Links may have caused a penalty.
This is very popular plugin and it has never made any issue.
* When I google: site: MyDomainName, it shows 11,000 results however, my Google Analytics barely shows any referrals.
* When I google : MyDomainName, my site shows up first.
* When I google any of the previous keywords, my site doesnt show up.
* I checked Google Webmasters, and all the keywords are still there, but instead of being listed as #1-10 they are now listed as #50-200.
* Sitemap recently submitted via Google Webmasters:
13,604 URLs submitted
9,327 URLs indexed
* Since Oct 23, there is only one keyword that the Average Position is 310. That is when my Google traffic all of a sudden stopped.
* Webmaster Tools >> Health : Does not show errors or Malware.
Have I been penalized? If so, what kind of penalty? And how do I go about fixing this issue?