Donna - 4:25 am on Oct 19, 2012 (gmt 0)
@lzr0 , All I did was just Home Page .
What I did :
1. Got my OBL(from 160-80)
2. Replaced all my image tags to 1-2 words, very basic description
3. Dropped down my main KWs based on anchor text to under 4% from 7% (sometimes KWs % doesn't matter but this time it night, I have seen websites rank well with over 14% KW density)
4. Watered down the page with about extra 2000 words, still very relevant and good quality text.
5. Made my ulr(domain.com) as the beginning of my topic
6. Got a lot of canonical issues resolved around the entire website
7. Removed a lot of bold text
8. I had Websites promotional panel at the top left corner which was dynamic , had it removed all together
What I did not do for more than 1 year -950:
1. Did not build a single link
2. Did not filled a reco..
3. Did not add new content
4. Did not panic !
How fast I recovered :
Less then a month after those changes I started to go -500 , -300 , -150,... and then i settled at page 1-2 for multiple kwds . Took about 3 months all together to reach 1st page and than I started to build links again :) , I still keep my RankTracker History and snapshots it was pretty dramatic.
Most of the time it might have been a canonical issue, or over use of anchor text KWs in your webpage and the links pointing to it.